Sunday, February 15, 2015

Expectations

Well, the time has come and my first day is tomorrow! I am excited, nervous, anxious.. the list goes ON but tomorrow marks my first day on the floor "unit" as Registered Nurse!! ((ahhhhh!)). Fortunately, I am getting an early start since I was previously working at this hospital as a PCT/CNA and did my practicum on this floor ((practicum=chose this area to work in during my last semester of nursing school)). It kind of allows me to get my 'feet wet' and get a taste of what's to come! I will start at 0700 tomorrow and will not depart until 1900...yup 12 hours..but 12 hours isn't so bad because I worked the same shifts as a PCT/CNA. I'm sure that will all change with me working as an RN. It will surely take some adjusting and getting used to..but I am READY! As a PCT/CNA my duties consisted mainly helping with the patient's ADL's and assisting the RN with any additional tasks. Now, comes new responsibilities, different tasks, in-depth assessments to perform and sicker patients to overlook..((yesss! I love it!)). I'm so OCD and detailed oriented that working in this area of nursing CLICKS! One moment someone could be fine and the next thing you know a Code met ((an emergency)) might be called with a patients life in your hands...((my hands now!)) Whatever tomorrow brings I am ready for it! I'm going in tomorrow as a dry new nurse sponge ready to suck up as much ICU as I can! Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment