Friday, March 13, 2015

LIFE FLIGHT: Trauma Center Houston

Finally a show about flight transport and trauma...YES! March 2nd Lifetime aired the season premiere of a new documentary/educational show called 'Life Flight: Trauma Center Houston. I was sooo excited when I was told about this show because I am very interested in becoming a flight nurse. When I researched flight nursing years ago, I realized it is not a "simple" process. It requires years of critical care experience and certifications, in different areas. After settling into my career as an ICU nurse, I would like to participate in a ride along with an Air Transport team, particularly rotor-wing (helicopter), to get a better idea of what being a flight nurse feels like. While in nursing school, I read a book called 'Trauma Junkie: Memoirs of an Emergency Flight Nurse' which really gives great insight about the career from a first-hand stand point. To learn more about air & surface transport click here. To learn more about flight nursing and the experience and certification requirements, click here.


                                  Flight nurses ROCK"

                             

                               "Me when I found out this show aired"                 
                         


"Trauma surgeons be like"



 "My first time going out to the helipad during my critical care rotation"




(Disclaimer: The clinical suggestions, advice and recommendations described on sicunurse.blogspot.com are based on my personal opinions and are not medical advice. The content is for entertainment purposes only. I, surgicalnurse.blogspot.com, do not own, nor did I create any of the animations above. I did create the captions written above and below them, customizing them to my experiences along with learning tips I have found helpful in my practice).

No comments:

Post a Comment