Saturday, May 16, 2015

3 down! 3 to go!

Three months ago today, I started my residency as a new graduate nurse in a Surgical/transplant ICU.. In this residency, we are allotted 6 months to work with a preceptor and learn as much as possible! Over the past few months, I have learned soo much and I continue to each week.Yes it is stressful and I have made my share of mistakes 'learn from this moment' incidences but that is part of what being a new nurse is all about. From ECG courses to critical care courses/classes to being on the floor, I have been learning new information constantly! I won't lie, there have been times where I have felt like "Geez! Will I ever get the hang of this?" but I have been told that this feeling is abnormal and that it takes time to reach the point where you actually feel like "I got this". With that being said, I am remaining patient and really working on grasping the 'BIG PICTURE' AKA understanding the 'why' behind everything I do and not just the 'what and how' AKA CRITICAL CARE NURSING!



                                  

(Disclaimer: The clinical suggestions, advice and recommendations described on sicunurse.blogspot.com are based on my personal opinions and are not medical advice. The content is for entertainment purposes only. I, surgicalnurse.blogspot.com, do not own, nor did I create any of the animations above. I did create the captions written above and below them, customizing them to my experiences along with learning tips I have found helpful in my practice).
             

No comments:

Post a Comment