Monday, May 18, 2015

"Cuz ya had a bad day!"

Ever had one of those shifts when you just can't keep up no matter WHAT.. yeahhhhh that happened to me today! Not a 'great' feeling but shit happens and you just have to keep it moving best you can.. there will be days that don't flow nice and smooth like you planned at 0700 and that's ok! Especially if you are new because you are still getting the hang of things. You never know what awaits you walking into work.. you're patient could be stable and ready for transfer to the floor, what we call a 'TTF', OR they could be ventilated and hemodynamically unstable requiring several pressors JUST to maintain a blood pressure! After awhile, you get used to the flow of your work day no matter what type of patients you have.. but until then..you may fall behind so if you have a bad day.. its OK--I did today and we ALL do some days.
                                                                     "....today"




"When I'm in one of my patients room and I hear the CRRT alarm going off in my other patients room"

 
  


                                    "When I realize how behind I am"
                                                               
                                      


                                                           "Time-to-GO!"

 
"At home like" 


 


 


(Disclaimer: The clinical suggestions, advice and recommendations described on sicunurse.blogspot.com are based on my personal opinions and are not medical advice. The content is for entertainment purposes only. I, surgicalnurse.blogspot.com, do not own, nor did I create any of the animations above. I did create the captions written above and below them, customizing them to my experiences along with learning tips I have found helpful in my practice).

No comments:

Post a Comment