Thursday, July 16, 2015

ICU Problems

"When you leave your stethoscope on the unit and come back the following week and its right where you left it"


Dear Littman Cardiology II, that is 
purple with  rainbow gold finish..
come to me NOW! lol 



                    "Bright RED bloody stools"


Nor is it a great smell! Actually it is one that will forever be remembered after it burns its way into your nostrils! This was my first GI Bleed but I knew it would not be my last. First things first! I checked the pt. vitals, which were steadily declining (no surprise) but then again he just started his HD treatment..(how's that for clouding the picture)...then I checked his last hemoglobin, which was great--for now at least. I am already anticipating that he will need blood though so before going to the mid-level I check the transfusion data to see if he has a current sample (he didn't) went to the mid-level and told him what happened along with all of the above and we sent a type & cross as well as a CBC. 



                        "Nothing like a fresh OLT"


Sometimes, Orthoptic Liver Transplant (OLT) patients come straight to 
our unit from the OR (depending on how critical they are)..and when they are 
critical... they are usually quite jaundiced AKA "banana-looking'! lol 
Click here to learn more about Liver Transplants! 



                                         "Precisely!"
 And CYA! I'm sure I don't have to explain that acronym! 







(Disclaimer: The clinical suggestions, advice and recommendations described on sicunurse.blogspot.com are based on my personal opinions and are not medical advice. The content is for entertainment purposes only. I, surgicalnurse.blogspot.com, do not own, nor did I create any of the animations above. I did create the captions written above and below them, customizing them to my experiences along with learning tips I have found helpful in my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment