Thursday, July 30, 2015

Time flies

Geez where did all the time go... I am approaching my last month on orientation (can you guys believe it!?). I can remember Day 1 like it was yesterday.. brushing through those double doors and opening a can of sensory overload..from hearing ventilators alarming to pumps beeping.. it was music to my ears! I observed the flow of the unit starting with AM critical care rounds and the involvement of different medical personnel (dietary, physical therapy, GI, Infectious Dz, Liver transplant..etc) working as a team to better the patient's care. Thinking back to that day, I can say it has truly been a journey.. no it was not easy.. the learning curve was very steep and still is. Yes, it was VERY overwhelming at times.. but with patience, perseverance and dedication.. you can get through it! For those of you who might be new nurses in your area of specialty who have made it over, what I call.. "the struggle hump".. CONGRATS! The worst is over!



"Fruit for thought"



1 comment:

  1. The growth I see is somewhat astounding. You are learning at a phenomenal rate! Still - you are pacing yourself, so I am sure you will be just fine! Nurse On!

    ReplyDelete